2019 Annual Bonfire Information
Friday, August 16, 2019 at 6:00pm
Rescheduled to: Friday, August 23, 2018 at 6:00pm
Location: Union Forge Field, High Bridge, NJ
PRE-SALE WRISTBAND STORE IS OPEN
The annual bonfire is a tradition that has been a part of the Hunterdon Huskies for many years. Held just before our season opening friendship games, it is an evening full of true Huskies Spirit. There is lots of terrific food and fantastic fun for our athletes! The Huskies families fill the sidelines and cheer for each of the teams as they are brought on to the field and introduced. Our terrific cheerleaders amaze us with the awesome routines that they have been working hard to put together in what feels like a very short period of time. As the evening winds down and cools off, it is wrapped up with a phenomenal bonfire.
BUFFET TICKET PRICES
Catered Buffet from The Real Deal BBQ:
Assortment of hamburgers, hot dogs, juicy BBQ chicken, pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw
Advanced purchase begins today and ends Sunday, August 18th, at midnight
BUFFET TICKET PRICES - SORRY NO REFUNDS
- $15 per adult, 12 and over
- $8 per registered Huskies children, ages 3-14**
- $10 per child, under 12
Same day purchase at the field:
- $20 per adult, 12 and over
- $15 per child, athlete or not, under 12
- Pay online (easiest option)
- Pay by check (checks must be received by 8/18 to honor the pre-sale price, payments not received by 8/18 will be charged the same day purchase rates above. Checks can be given to coaches or dropped off at the field between 6-8pm and given to an associate at the snack shack - payment must be in sealed envelope with your name, phone number, number of tickets and ticket type.)
GIVING BACK TO OUR ATHLETES
The Huskies are subsidizing some of the cost for our registered athletes so the cost will be $8 per athlete. After pre-sale ends, buffet/beverage prices will be $20 adults, $15 children, athlete or not, under 12 (cash only at the field).
APPROXIMATE BONFIRE SCHEDULE
- 6:00-6:45pm Buffet open (wristbands required)
- 6:45PM - Coaches/Athletes to gather with teams in front of the press box for last minute instructions, parents/visitors assemble along the sidelines.
- 7:00PM - 2019 Huskies Group Photo - Photo will be distributed to all families, please do no come to the other side of the field to take your own photo, we need the area to line the kids up then move for field introductions.
- 7:15PM - 8:15PM Announcing of 2019 Teams, Cheer Teams Perform
- 8:30PM - Lighting of bonfire
- 9:00ish - Wrap up
Volunteers will be needed for this event. Please check on www.hunterdonhuskies.org website and visit the Dibs tab.
Advance purchase wristbands will be given to your team representative prior to the bonfire (or held at the snack shack) and will be required for access to the buffet area. Wristbands not delivered prior to bonfire day will be available for pickup at the snack shack on event day.
Bring beach chairs and blankets (picnic style on sidelines)
In the event of a rain day, the information will be posted on the bonfire page or the main page our website.
Carpool or allow extra time to park. We have over 100 families all arriving at approximately the same time.
HUSKIES FOOTBALL PLAYER & CHEERLEADER ATTIRE
Coaches will instruct athletes what to wear
It will be a great night full of Huskies fun and spirit! Wear your Blue, Black and White!
Thank you for your support,
Special Events Coordinator